Thursday, September 16, 2010

WOOD Oops! Sorry forgot to post this texture~!

Here's another texture I made earlier on and forgot to post. The first wood piece I made that followed the directions step-by-step looked absolutely fake and horrible, so I redid it and got this, a much more realistic depiction. I adjusted some of the values from the original measurements and it turned out much better. Seriously, the first one was so bad that I deleted it, and seeing as we're talking about me, a person who almost never deletes and saves many staged copies of all picture and work, that's saying something.  I thought it was really interesting how the noise filters were used to made the lines of the wood grain and how the warping tools were used to make the knot, it was really fun to do once I adjust the values so that it actually looks real.

No comments:

Post a Comment